|Chicken Ghee Roast|
Chicken Ghee Roast, the most popular dish from Mangalore. Tasted this for the first time in Mangalore Abhiman Hotel, while on a visit to meet my college friend. It tasted so divine. Got to visit the place again last December and tasted it again. This pairs best with Neer Dosa or simple rasam- rice. Chicken is marinated first, ghee roasted and mixed with all the spices to get a perfect roasted yet soft and juicy chicken pieces. Taste the ghee in every bite. Diet conscious gals, once in a while, skip the diet ;). Read a whatsapp message, if no one sees you eating something with high calories, it means it contains no calories. How I wish it was true?
Here's my all time favorite chicken recipe - Chicken Ghee Roast.
Clarified Butter - 1/4 cup
Few strands of Curry leaves
Chicken pieces - 1/2 kg
Lime juice - 2 tsp
Curd - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder / Haldi - 3/4 tsp
Dhania/ Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Methi seeds/ Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
Peppercorns - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds/ Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Garlic cloves - 12 to 15
Red chillies ( byadagi) - 10
Tamarind, a marble sized
1. Marinate chicken pieces with the ingredients mentioned under 'to Marinate Section for 30 mins.
2. Meanwhile soak red chillies along with tamarind with little water (preferably warm water) for 15 mins.
3. Dry roast dhania, methi, peppercorns and jeera.
4. Make a fine paste of the dry roasted ingredients and soaked ingredients along with garlic cloves.
5. Heat ghee in a wok, add marinated chicken pieces to it. Preserve the marinated masala for later use. Cook chicken pieces in ghee till it's 3/4th cooked. Remove the chicken pieces on a plate.
6. In the same wok, add masala paste along with the remaining marinated masala( if any ) and saute it for few minutes. Add fried chicken pieces and mix well. Pour little water and cover the lid. Cook chicken till it's done. Check the salt, add more if needed. Lastly add curry leaves and mix well.
Mouthwatering, finger licking good Chicken Ghee Roast is ready to be served.
|Chicken Ghee Roast|