|Nippattu - Easy Diwali snack|
Nippattu is one of my favorite snack. Best tea time snack. I prepared this for this Diwali. It's a very easy recipe so no need to wait for any festival or for any occasion. Prepare it and munch it anytime.
Rice flour - 1 cup
Roasted Gram Flour (putani) - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Bengal gram - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1.5 tsp to 2 tsp
Hing -A pinch
Hot oil - 1 tbsp
Water for kneading
Curry leaves finely chopped
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak bengal gram in water for atleast 30 mins. Drain the water and keep aside.
2. Take a mixing bowl, mix all the above mentioned ingredients including soaked and drained bengal gram. Add hot oil and mix well. Add water little by little and knead a firm dough.
3. To make nippattu, take a clean plastic cover, apply oil to it. Take a small ball of the dough, press with your fingers to flatten it. Take a fork and poke it 2-3 times to avoid puffing up while frying.
4. Gently remove the flatten dough from the plastic cover and gently drop it into hot oil and deep fry it in a medium flame till crisp and golden brown. Drain them on a tissue paper.
5. Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.You can flatten 4 to 5 small dough balls and fry them at a time. Store it in an air tight container when cooled.