Hope everyone had a brightful and safe diwali. I wanted to post this recipe before diwali but got very busy with the preparations and the post got delayed. I actually prepared this Poha Ladoo thrice in 4 days for this diwali. One was just for a trial and after getting appreciation and approval went ahead with the second round. Again got shortage to distribute and had to prepare it once again. It's a very easy recipe and everyone after tasting it mistook as besan ladoo. I too was happy with the out come. My this year's homemade diwali snacks were all very easy recipes - Poha Ladoo, Rava Ladoo, Chakkali, Poha Chivda, spicy sev and Nipattu. Will be posting all the recipes soon. As of now sharing my easy Poha Ladoo recipe
Recipe Source: Sharmis Passion
Thick Poha (beaten rice) - 3/4 cup
Putani/ Fried Gram - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Melted ghee - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts and raisins
1. Dry roast the poha in a pan in a low to medium flame till poha turns crisp and turns slight brown in color. Spread this on a paper to cool.
2. Dry roast fried gram (putani) for about 2 mins and again spread this on a paper to cool down.
3. Meanwhile powder the sugar and melt the ghee.
4. Fry cashewnuts and raisins in ghee.
5. Powder the fried poha and fried gram together in a mixer. Transfer this mixture into a bowl.
6. Add all the ingredients together and make ladoo's.