Mutton Sukka is one of the most popular tradional dish found in almost all non-veg restaurants. Though we love mutton dishes, it adds to my menu very rare. Hence, you will find less mutton recipes in my space. Check out, Green Mutton curry recipe here.
Mutton - 1/2 kg
Onion - 2 medium sized - finely chopped
Few Curry leaves
Veg Oil - 1 tbsp
Ginger - Garlic paste - 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut - 1/2 cup scraped
Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cashewnuts - 5-6 (optional)
Peppercorns - 6
cloves - 3
Ginger- Garlic paste - 3 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Red chillies - 8
1. Cook Mutton in a pressure cooker along with some water, salt and one bay leaf for 2 -3 whistles.
2. Dry roast all the above ingredients on a medium heat until they are golden brown. When cooled, blend this in a blender to a smooth paste.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai, add curry leaves and then finely chopped onions. Fry till onions turn light brown in color.
4. Add Ginger - garlic paste and saute it for a minute.
5. Now add the masala paste and the mutton pieces. Mix well. Add the water from the cooker which was used to cook mutton if you find the masala too dry. Add salt.
6. Bring this to a boil and dry off the water content.
Mutton Sukka or Sukke is ready to be served with hot Tandoori roti's, chapati's or even as a side dish for rice and sambar.