Today's special post is Hesarubele Unde means Ladoo made of yellow moong dal. Shravan month has already started and lot of festivals this month. Last week was Nagarpanchami. This friday is Varamahalakshi Pooja , sunday -Raksha Bandhan, next week is Independence day and then a very much awaited Ganesh Chaturthi also falls in this month. Festival mood means lots of celebration, guests, and SWEETS. So why now celebrate this festive mood with some quick and easy sweets prepared at home. Hasarubele Ladoo is just right for such celebrations. After trying hands on Besan Ladoo and Rava Ladoo, I gave a try on this split green moong dal ladoo and my son loved it.
Here's the recipe of Hesarubele ladoo or Moong Dal Ladoo
Yellow Moong Dal - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee- 1/4 cup
Elachi /Cardamom Powder - 1/4tsp
Cashews or Raisins (roasted in ghee)
1. Dry roast the moong dal on a medium flame carefully till it turns golden brown. When cooled, grind it to a fine powder.
2. Prepare the sugar powder and then sieve both powdered sugar and moong dal powder. Discard the grainy particles.
3. Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients to it except ghee.
4. Melt the ghee and add it to the mixture little by little and mix well till you can form a ladoo.
5. Shape them into ladoos and store them in an air-tight container.
You can always adjust with the ghee and sugar quantity according to your needs.
You can try the same recipe with jaggery too.
Fry the moong dal carefully and keep stirring so that it doesn't burn.