It's been a long time since my last post here. Been very busy these days juggling with the daily household cores and my two naughty sons. With the cute naughty member added to our small family, life has been too busy and complete. Just to enjoy the early stages of my son who is just 5 months old, I hardly get any time to blog. I am yet to learn the new taste and needs of my cute little one. Been clicking photos but to post I give an excuse as BUSY! haha! Still! I will try my best to be regular in my posts here :)
Today's recipe is Tomato Gojju. This is very simple and tasty dish with a very few ingredients. It tastes delicious with chapati's and dosa's as a side dish. Now that tomatoes are cheap, you can go ahead and try this out asap.
Onion -1 large - chopped
Ripe tomatoes - 6 medium sized - chopped
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Few Curry leaves
Oil - 1 tbsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Sambar or Rasam Powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Butter - 2 tsp (Optional)
Fresh Coriander leaves - chopped
Jaggery - 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, add a tbsp oil and temper it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add Chopped onions and fry till it turns slightly brown in colour.
3. Now add Chopped tomatoes. Saute it for a minute. Close the lid and simmer the flame. Let it cook till tomatoes become soft. Don't add water. If you feel the texture is too dry, add in few drops of water.
4. Add sambar powder, garam masala powder, jaggery and salt to taste.
5. Lastly add chopped coriander leaves and mix. Adding butter is again optional.
Delicious Tomato gojju is ready to go with chapati's or dosa's. Enjoy!