Naan is very popular Indian bread which is traditional made in a tandoor style charcoal oven. I prepared this with creamy Restaurant style Malai Kofta on stove top. Restaurants use yeast while preparing Naan. You can always experiment Naan with different toppings like garlic, butter,etc. Today's post is YEAST FREE , soft Indian flatbread made on stove top.
Maida - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Milk to knead the dough
1. In a mixing bowl, add maida, sugar, baking powder and salt to taste.
2. Add milk little by little and knead to get a soft dough. Rest for 10 mins.
3. Divide the dough into equal parts. Take one part and roll them into a circle or oblong shape.
4. Place this rolled naan on hot tava and cook it on both sides.
5. Spread some butter if required or leave it plain as I did.
Enjoy this Tava Naan with any Indian spicy gravy.