Ragi, also known as Finger Millet in English is a very good source of fibre and its also rich in calcium, iron and protein. Its also good for diabetic patients and also for the people suffering from high cholesterol.
Today's recipe is a healthy South Indian breakfast recipe - RAGI DOSA. This is one of my favorite dish for breakfast. Love it with spicy coconut chutney.
Ragi Flour - 1 cup
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Dosa Rice - 1 cup
Fenugreek/ Methi seeds - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Few drops of Oil for greasing
1. Wash and Soak urad dal, rice flour and Fenugreek seeds for atleast 4 hours and make a smooth batter by grinding it in a blender.
2. Once done mix the ragi flour to the dosa batter till no lumps are formed.
3. Allow it to ferment overnight.
4. Add salt the next morning and mix the batter thoroughly.
5. Heat Dosa pan and drizzle it with littel oil. Take a laddle full of dosa batter and pour it in the middle and spread it in concentric thin circle.
6. Hot crispy and healthy Ragi Dosa is ready to serve with spicy coconut chutney.
Note : Ragi Dosa tastes great when served hot and made very thin.
You can also prepare this with left over dosa batter and call it instant Ragi Dosa.