Ever since I started blogging, I have been experimenting a lot of baking at home. My recent try was this Tutti Frutti Christmas Special Cookies. Yes! This is specially baked during Christmas time in Goa and I have tasted it in Goa during the festive mood and that was before my marriage. Since I love to cook and bake yummy delicious cookies for my DH and my little boy, I tried it last month and it came out super good , crisp and melts in mouth.
Recipe Source : Sharmi's Passion
Maida/ All prpose flour - 1 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
Tutti Frutti - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1 or 2 tbsp
Unsalted Butter - 6 tbsp (room Temperature)
1. Powder the sugar and bring the butter to room temperature.
2. In a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar and butter. Cream this to light and fluffy.
3. Add maida, tutti frutti and mix well.
4. Add milk to form a soft sticky dough. Lay a butter paper and roll the dough and form a log. Dust some flour if needed.
5. Wrap it with a butter paper and freeze it in a freezer for 40 mins.
6. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180C for 10 mins.
8. Line the baking tray or a cake mold with butter paper and place these cookies carefully on a baking tray leaving some space in between each cookie. The cookies doesn't spread, still its better to follow this step.
9. Bake this for 15- 20 mins or till you notice the edges turning into light golden brown in color. This indicates that the cookies are done. Transfer carefully in a rack and allow it to cool completely. Transfer it into an air tight container and enjoy it during tea time or any time when you feel like munching ;)
- Don't use a knife with wavy impressions. Always use a smooth finish knife or a plain sharp knife with no impressions to cut the cookie dough log. This results in getting a smooth layer on a cookie.
- Check the cookies in regular 10 mins intervals since they turn to burn easily.
- You can also use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies into any shape as desired.
- The cookies turn out crisp when its cooled completely.