We are fond of spicy dishes and when it comes to chicken or fish dishes, it has to be spicy for us. This Spicy Chicken in Green masala is a quick, very simple and delicious dish with the goodness of greens. Tastes best with Chapati's, Dosa's or even with Hot steamed rice.
Here's the recipe of Spicy Chicken in Green Masala.
Chicken Boneless pieces - 1 cup (150g)
Ginger- Garlic paste - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes - 1 Roughly chopped
Onion - 1 Roughly chopped
Fresh Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Few Mint Leaves (Optional)
Green Chillieds - 3-4 ( according to your spice level)
Haldi/ Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Dalchini/ Cinnamon Stick - 1 and 1/2 inch piece
Laung/ Cloves - 5
Dhania Powder - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Make a fine paste of the above mentioned ingredients except Oil, salt and Chicken pieces.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and add the prepared green masala paste. Saute for a minute.
3. Add Cleaned Boneless chicken pieces. Mix well. Don't add water or add very less amount of water if necessary. Cover the lid and cook it in a low- medium flame for about 5-6 mins.
4. Check in between and add salt to taste. Mix well.
5. Place the lid back on the wok and cook it again till you notice the oil seperating from the masala. (Don't over cook the chicken)
6. Switch off the flame and mix all together.
Spicy Chicken in Green Masala is ready to be served.
Serve hot with chapati's or hot rice.