This post is dedicated for the most wonderful person in my life - My HUSBAND. Last week was my Hubby's Birthday and I thought of baking this cake for him this year.
With the young kid around, its truly very difficult to keep or to do anything in the name of SURPRISE. He kept on telling his dad that mom has a surprise for you on your birthday, giving him big and multiple hints. Finally I am glad that I some how managed to keep this as a SURPRISE for the birthday boy. The moment DH came from office, he saw this cake on the dining table with a super excited kid desperately waiting to have it. I couldn't really see any excitement on DH's face :( We celebrated and then while having dinner he asked me "Cake was super delicious. Where did you get that from?" Ohhh! it was then I realized that he still believed it was from some nearby Cake shop. When I told him I baked and decorated it at home, I could finally see that excitement on his face. Yes! I never baked a cake on any special occasions like birthdays or anniversary and this was the first time I thought of baking one for him. :) Glad I didn't spoil the day :))
Here's the recipe of Rich Chocolate Walnut Cake (Eggless) with Fudge Icing
Recipe Source: Nestle MilkMaid FB Page ( recipe slightly modified)
Condensed milk - 1/2 tin (200g)
Milk - 1/2 cup (75 ml)
Dahi/ yoghurt / Curd- 100g
Butter - 100g
Maida/ All Purpose Flour - 1 cup (100g)
Cocoa powder - 25g
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Walnuts , chopped - 1/4 cup
Salt - A generous Pinch
1. Bring condensed milk, butter, yoghurt, milk to room temperature.
2. Sieve Maida, Cocoa powder, Baking Soda and salt together.
3. Beat Butter,sugar and Yoghurt till light and creamy.
4. Fold in the seived ingredients, alternating milk and condensed milk. Add chopped Walnuts.
5. Grease and dust the baking tin and preheat the oven to 180C.
6. Bake for 25- 30 mins till tooth pick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow it to cool for 5 mins and remove onto a wire rack.
Chocolate Fudge Icing
Condensed Milk - 1/4 tin (100g)
Butter - 50g
Cocoa - 2 tbsp
1. Mix butter, cocoa and condensed milk and beat well. Microwave this for 20 secs and mix thoroughly.
2. Spread over the cake and leave it to set. Decorate it with grated White and Dark Chocolate.
Slice and Serve.