This is one cake I bake often. Its simple, tasty and healthy too as it doesn't include butter in it. Sounds interesting! Yes! It tastes awesome and you won't feel too heavy after having it. Always love baking this to my family and my son always makes sure to save some for his snack box the next day :)
Here's the simple yet delicious Dates Cake( Eggless)
Recipe Source : Aayi's Recipes
Dates ( seedless)- 18
Maida/ All Purpose flour - 1 cup
Milk - appx 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Baking Soda- 1 tsp
Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
1. Soak the dates in warm milk for 1/2 an hour. Take seedless dates else remove the seeds when the dates become soft after getting soaked in milk.
2. Add sugar and grind them into a smooth paste. Mix oil and blend it again and shift it into a mixing bowl.
3. Sieve maida and Baking soda. Add this to the date paste little by little and mix it evenly without forming any lumps.
4. Shift this to the greased baking cake mould.
5. Preheat the oven and bake the cake for 45 mins at 180C (temperature and the duration depends on the oven model so keep checking it in between).
6. The cake is baked perfectly when you insert a knife in the middle and it comes out clean.
Note : Color of the cake depends on the type of dates used.
Adding Baking Powder instead of Baking Soda makes the cake bit harder, so skipped it.