Red Spinach Curry is a healthy, nutritious and a very tasty curry prepared with dal(toor Dal) and this leafy vegetables. Red Spinach also known as Harive Soppu or Dantu Soppu in Kannada.
Here's the recipe of Red Spinach Curry
Red Spinach - 3 cups (chopped) or more
Onion - 1 big sized (chopped)
Tomato -2 (chopped)
Toor(tuvar) Dal- 1 cup
Sambar powder - 2-3 tsp
Haldi/tumeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Hing/ asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp or green chillies -2 slit
Freshly grated coconut 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook washed toor dal, onion, tomato, green chilli and red spinach in a cooker.
2. Make a fine paste of grated coconut, haldi, sambar powder along with a some cooked dal in a blender.
3. Pour this paste to the the remaining cooked dal and add enough water depending on your required curry consistency.
4. Bring it to a boil and add salt to taste.
5. Season it with oil, mustard seeds, Hing and curry leaves
Serve it with hot steamed rice.