Bored of simple Coconut chutney?
Wanna try something new?
Do you love peanuts?
Then this post is right for you - Peanut/Shenga/ Groundnut Chutney.
Most of the South Indian Restaurants serve Peanut Chutney powder or Peanut Chutney's. The most commonly prepared chutney at my home is Coconut chutney. Though its loved and goes well with almost every kind of dosa's and idli's , I get bored to have it every other day and the best alternate chutney for dosa's or idli's is tomato chutney or this peanut chutney. You can also spread this over bread slices and it tastes great resembling to Peanut butter taste and kids are going to love it.
Here's the simple and tasty Peanut Chutney
Peanuts/ Groundnuts/ Shenga - 1 cup
Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Vegetable oil - 2 tsp
Garlic cloves 4-5
Red chillies - 5-6
1. Dry roast peanuts and red chillies separeatley. Let it cool.
2. Blend roasted peanuts, tamarind pulp, garlic cloves and red chillies to a fine paste with little water.
3. Shift this to the serving bowl and add Salt to taste.
4. Prepare the seasoning with little oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
5. Mix this to the peanut chutney and serve.