Snake Gourd Sabzi is one of the easiest and healthy sabzi prepared in minutes with just a few handy ingredients. Snake Gourd is also known as Padavalakayi or Potlakayi in Kannada. I love to add soaked Toor Dal for this Sabzi as it gives a wonderful taste to the Sabzi.
Here's the recipe of Snake Gourd Sabzi/ Palya
Snake Gourd/ Padavalakayi/ Potlakayi - 1 medium sized
Onion - 1 big chopped
Toor dal - 2-3 tsp
Fresh Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
Green chillies - 2 slit
Haldi/ Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash the Snake Gourd and remove the seeds from inside. Chop it into small cubes and discard the seeds.
2. Wash and soak Toor dal for 5 mins.
3. Take a kadai, add chopped onions, soaked toor dal, green chillies and Chopped Snake Gourd pieces with liitle water and cook it by covering it with a lid till the vegetables are half cooked.
4. Add Haldi, Salt to taste and grated coconut. Mix well and cook it till vegetable is cooked and all the water evaporates.
5. Serve it with Chapati or as a side dish for a simple lunch/ dinner with dal and rice.