Chicken Keema Matar Masala is one of the easiest and a great combo with chapati's or Roti's. As the name indicates keema and matar( green peas), the dish is prepared with a great combination of minced chicken with green peas. This can also be made with minced meat(mutton).
It was a long weekend this time and I tried out this awesome delicious Keema Matar for Sunday dinner and the family enjoyed this with hot hot chapati's.
Here's the recipe of Keema Matar Masala
Chicken Keema - 250 g
Onions - 2 finely chopped
Tomatoes - 2 finely chopped
Matar/ green peas - 1 cup (boiled)
Red chilli powder - 1-2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Dhania/ Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Ginger- garlic paste - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves , chopped
1. Boil peas with little salt and keep aside.
2. Heat 2tsp of oil in a kadai. Add chopped onions and fry till they turn slightly golden in color.
3. Add ginger- garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and fry till they become soft.
5. Now add boiled green peas , keema and all the dry spice powder mentioned. Pour in little water and mix. Cover it with a lid and cook till keema is well cooked and until oil separtes.
6. Mix it well and add chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Enjoy this with hot chapati's, roti or phulka