Aloo Bonda is one of the simplest mouthwatering variety among Vada's or Bonda's. Had some mashed potato balls leftover after preparing delicious Aloo Paratha's. Stored it in a fridge and planned to do some quick Aloo Bonda's for my son after his tiring day back from school. Only thing missing was Pav. Well! Lets try that anytime later.
Here's the quick recipe for Aloo Bonda
Boiled, peeled and Mashed Potatoes - 2-3
Salt to taste
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Haldi- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - for frying
Coriander leaves chopped
Boiled green/white peas - 1/4 cup (optional)
Salt to taste
Chickpeas flour/ besan - 1 and 1/2 cup
Hing, asafoetida - a pinch
1. Heat Oil in a kadai and add chopped onions. Fry till they turn translucent in color.
3. Pour little water and add boiled peas, coriander leaves and mashed potatoes. Mix it well and remove it from gas. Make round lemon sized balls when cooled. Keep aside
4. Now for the batter, take besan, salt, hing and 1/2 tsp red chilli powder in a bowl. Pour sufficient water to make it into a thick free flowing batter without any lumps.
5. Heat oil for deep frying these bonda's. Take a potato ball, dip it into the prepared besan batter and drop it carefully in the kadai for deep frying. Continue with the rest and fry these in a low- medium flame till a nice golden brown color is formed.
6. Serve it with Pav as the famous Mumbai Vada Pav with some spicy pudina chutney.
Check out my other blogs