Tomato Garlic Chutney has an amazing flavors of tomato and garlic blending together with little(or little more) spiciness to give a totally different taste. I was in search of some new chutney recipe for my Oats dosa which definitely should be very healthy and should exclude Coconut. I got this recipe from Ramya's Recipe and fell in love with its lovely catchy color. Gave it a try the very next day and it turned out to be a super hit with my healthy Oats Dosa.
Here's the recipe of Tomato and Garlic Chutney.
Dry Red chillies - 5-6
Garlic appx 10-15
Tomatoes - 3 chopped
Salt to taste
Oil - 1tsp
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
A pinch of sugar
1. Slightly fry red chillies and keep aside.
2. Saute Chopped tomatoes till they become soft.
3. Fry Garlic cloves if needed (Frying is Optional). I kept this raw.
4. Make a fine paste of these garlic, fried red chillies and tomatoes to a smooth paste in a blender without adding water. Shift the chutney to a bowl and add salt and a pinch of sugar for taste.
5. Season the chutney with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Serve it with Dosa's (click on the link to check different Dosa variety) or Idli's .
Check out my other blogs