Oats- The moment we say Oats its assumed that Health follows. Almost every single person nowadays is familiar with this name. Earlier, in our childhood days, we were not at all familiar with this name but as time passed by, people have become more health conscious and now we find it in every house. I too have it in my kitchen and it comes out of the boxes once every week especially at breakfast time. Though its healthy, my family doesnot like it so I have to plan things to get this thing called Oats into their stomach. Its not my kid who makes faces for this Oats, its my love, my hubby. When prepared in the form of dosa's or idli's , he likes them because he loves Dosa's and even after he had these Oats Dosa's or Idli's, he never complains coz he doesnot realise it at all. Cool Me ! :)
Here's the recipe for Oats Dosa
Dosa Rice - 2 cup
Fenugreek/ Methi seeds - 1tsp
Urad Dal - 1 cup
Oats - 1 cup
Salt to taste
1. Soak Urad dal, Dosa rice and fenugreek seeds for atleast 4-5 hours.
2. Soak Oats seperately for atleast half an hour.
3. Grind all the ingredients to a smooth dosa batter and allow it to ferment overnight.
4. Add salt to taste the next morning and mix well.
5. Heat the dosa pan. Drizzle some oil and pour a laddle full of batter in the middle and spread it in concentric cirles. Try to make a thin layered Dosa for the crispiness and to hide the Oats flavor for those who doesnot like it. If you are using a non-stick dosa pan, dosa's will be more crispier and you can avoid oil too.
6. Crispy and Healthy Oats Dosa ready to serve.
I served this dosa with this another healthy and tasty Tomato Garlic Chutney.
( Recipe will follow soon)
Check Out my other blogs