Set Dosa is another variety of South Indian Dosa. Its so soft and pluffy. I learnt this receipe from my mother-in-law who is a great cook. She has a huge collection of recipes and its amazing how she keeps on adding those even at this age. This is such a wonderful recipe for breakfast and tastes entirely different from the normal dosa's. Set Dosa's cannot be made crispy. Its thick,smaller in size and extremely soft. Its a perfect dish which I love to send in my son's tiffin box. Love it anytime of the day.
Here's the recipe of South Indian Dosa - Set Dosa or call it Indian pancakes.
Urad Dal - 1 small cup
Dosa Rice - 4 small cups
Sabudana - 1 small cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste.
Chopped coriander leaves
1. Soak urad dal, fenugreek seeds and Dosa rice for atleast 4-5 hours.
2. Soak Sabudana seperately for atleast 2 hours.
3. Grind all the ingredients to make the dosa batter. Mix well and allow it to ferment overnight.
4. Next day, add salt to taste and mix well.
5. Heat the greased Dosa Pan and pour a laddle full of batter in the middle. Slighty press in the middle. Don't try to move the laddle in concentric circles.
6. Sprinkle grated carrot and chopped coriander leaves on top of the dosa. Cover it and cook for a minute.
7. Flip the dosa and cook it the other end too.
8. Serve hot with coconut chutney or vegetable sagu.
You might also like