*Reposting this with a new Picture.
Prawns Sukka is a traditional, delicious coastal Seafood dish. Once my friend asked me this recipe and i gave her this recipe with a note saying that you can skip adding grating coconut to this. She replied saying that how can you say the recipe is coastal and and you can skip the freshly grated coconut to this. Actually she had a point. I usually try avoiding coconut in my cooking and thats the reason I said that. Well! not its all up to you guys, whether you like adding coconut or just skip it. Both the ways, the recipe will surely be a hit!
So lets head straight to the coastal cuisine - Prawns Sukka Recipe
200 g fresh prawns
1 big onion finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
Ginger- garlic paste 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder 2 and 1/2 tsp
Fresh grated coconut 1-2 tbsp
salt to taste
3 tsp oil
Dhania(coriander) powder 2 tsp
Garam masala (optional) 2tsp . You can skip this if you are using dhania powder or you can equalize both. I prepared this dish without adding garam masala.
1. Clean the prawns and keep aside.
2. Heat 3 tsp oil in a kadai. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns translucent.
3. Add ginger- garlic paste and fry for 3 mins.
4. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
5. Add fresh, cleaned prawns along with little water. Close the lid and cook.
6. After cooking prawns for 3-4 minutes, add red chilli powder , salt, grated coconut and dhania powder.
7. Mix well and close the lid for the prawns to cook for another 5 -6 mins in medium flame. Add more water if needed.
8. Lastly add little fresh coriander leaves ( chopped) and mix well or garnish with coriander leaves.
Hot and spicy Prawns sukka is ready to serve.
Serve this with Rice or Neer Dosa.