This is another simple and tasty recipe which goes well , like a side dish to Chapati's or Roti's. This is a dry version of Peas and Capsicum Masala.
Here's the yummy recipe of Peas and Capsicum Masala.
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Jeera ( cumin seeds) - 1/2 tsp
Onion -1 chopped
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
Peas (green/white) - 1 cup (boiled)
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Dhania powder( coriander powder) - 1 tsp
Grated coconut - 1 tbsp (optional)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadai. Add few mustard seeds and jeera to it. Allow them to crackle.
2. Now add chopped onion and saute it till onions turns translucent.
3. Add haldi, all the dry powders and ginger-garlic paste. Fry for 2 mins.
4. Now shift boiled peas and chopped capsicum to the kadai. Add very little water and close the lid and let it cook for few more mins till capsicum is done. Add grated coconut if you like them. I added 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut to this.
5. Remember peas is already cooked and capsicum doesnot take too long to cook. So check the mixture once after 5 mins and add salt to taste.
Peas and Capsicum masala is ready to serve.
This is a South Indian dish which is best served with rice, chapati, Roti.
Try this quick and tasty recipe and let me know your valuable feedback.